How it works
Otherwise known as therapeutic, or 'healthy heat', Far Infrared Rays (FIR) are waves of energy, totally invisible to the naked eye, capable of penetrating deep into the human body. These waves gently elevate the body's surface temperature and activate major bodily functions. By placing our FabRoc panels over key blood flow areas of the body, Thermal Core™ products bring the best kind of heat, to the best areas of the body, for the best heated clothing experience.
- The Thermal Core™ heat pad system utilizes a FabRoc panel bonded to a Neoprene pad. This configuration is a scant 2mm thick and weighs only a few ounces.
- While the FabRoc polymer is thin, it remains remarkably pliable even in extreme cold (down to -40 degrees!) This adds tremendously to the overall comfort of the garments
- FabRoc panels use very low voltage. No chemicals or wires are used to directly generate the heat and the material itself is not flammable. FabRoc is also resistant to ozone, UV, and a wide range of chemicals.
- Unlike wire-based or carbon fibre heating technologies, FabRoc panels provide a uniform distribution of heat. Comfort is therefore maximized, hot and cold spots are eliminated and heating response time is minimized.
- Unlike most other heat systems, our FabRoc panels are very resilient. The material is elastic, unaffected by moisture and highly tolerant of bending and crumpling. It's also waterproof and windproof.
- Our high capacity lithium ion battery combined with the inherent efficiency of the FabRoc technology allows our system to provide many hours of consistent heat. The battery uses the latest technology and can be recharged hundreds of times.